Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Softies

In this cold weather I can't really get out to my workshop without freezing my butt off, so I decided to spend some time inside.  I have made two softies before so I figured why not try some more.  I went looking on the internet for some patterns and ideas.  The first softy I made was Texi.  I believe there is already a picture of him in the last post.  The second was a doll(link is in previous post).  I finished the doll the other day.  Put a face on him and everything.  So now it's off to another project.

I found a doll pattern on the net that I kinda liked and changed it to suit my style.  The end result was basically a mix of two different patterns that I saw.  Google image search will pull up some amazing things if you take the time to look through them.  I drew out what I wanted in my sketch book and then drew out the pieces onto some poster board.  Traced them onto some fabric and am ready to go.

So far I have done a lot of hand sewing on my last projects.  My sewing machine was apparently a piece of garbage and I lost the receipt so not sure what to do there.  I went out and bought an easy stitcher.  It's a sort of mini sewing machine.  I think it's made by singer.  It should be good enough to sew together the doll I'm working on, so we'll see how that goes tomorrow.  I might just draw up a small softy to try first so I don't screw up the doll.

All these ideas.  I love making things for my daughter.  She also loves when I make her things, so it's win win.  I'll let you know how the new sewing machine works out.  And of course I'll post a few pics to show off the new toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment